Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is majestic.
The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the LORD strikes
with flashes of lightning.
The voice of the LORD shakes the desert;
the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD twists the oaks
and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29 (NIV)
Today is Mahatma Ghandi’s birthday. In 2007, the United Nations decided to take this day and declare it the International Day for Non-Violence. As a reflection, I share 7 biblical promises of Peace, with the knowledge that God does not forget his promises.
7 Promises of Peace
- Psalm 29:11 “The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
- Psalm 125:5 “Peace be upon Israel.”
- Psalm 119:165 “Great peace have they which love your law: and nothing can make them stumble.”
- Psalm 147:14 “He grants peace to your borders.”
- Leviticus 26:6 “’I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no-one will make you afraid. I will remove savage beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country.”
- Isaiah 26:12 “LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.”
- Isaiah 32:18 “My people will live in peaceful dwelling-places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.”
All scripture from the NIV.