Now how did I get into this ridiculous situation? I can’t remember. Must have blacked out. Thankfully however, I have a CD player and one album. What album is it? Thankfully it is an album that will keep me interested for however long I am to be on this island.
It’s a fine album of Bach’s Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin. These compositions would keep me entranced for hours, days, even a life time. One of my lecturers once said that you could spend a lifetime studying Bach alone, and still have not scratched the surface of his music, let alone the music of all the other great composers.
So I’m going to leave you with a beautiful performance of Bach’s E Major Partita performed by Nathan Milstein.
- Topic: If stranded on a desert island… (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- If Stranded on a desert Island (fookyoutwittoo.wordpress.com)
- Me, an Island & 1 album (timbond81.wordpress.com)
- Desert Island Disc (clue: probably not “I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts”) (darkstarburning.wordpress.com)
- Me+Something Corporate+Desert Island=A Good time (thehappywaitress.wordpress.com)