Ben is developing a range of resources that will be of help to music teachers and violinists of all abilities. Resources are growing all the time, and will include repertoire pages (in depth articles and resources about pieces in the violin repertoire), practice tips, and more.
Music Blog Posts
- Holy Week Twilight Retreat: Bach’s St Matthew PassionBen is looking forward to sharing with the Dayspring Community as they hold their Holy Week Twilight Retreat, as he presents some reflections on J.S. Bach’s St Matthew Passion. Johann Sebastian Bach is not only one of the giants of the musical world, but also of the Christian church. Sometimes referred to as the fifth… Continue reading Holy Week Twilight Retreat: Bach’s St Matthew Passion
- Ding Dong! Merrily on HighAn exciting arrangement of “Ding Dong Merrily on High” that will challenge the choir whilst still providing interest and variety for all parts. Arranged for SATB Choir (without accompaniment) by Ben Clapton, each part takes the melody at some stage. As such all parts are actively challenging and highlighted throughout the performance. Initially arranged in… Continue reading Ding Dong! Merrily on High
- What the Lord Has Done in Me“Let the weak say “I am strong,” let the poor say, “I am rich”, let the blind say “I can see, It’s what the Lord has done in me.” This great song by Hillsong’s Reuben Morgan speaks of the amazing upside-down world that Christ provides. This is an arrangement for Choir with Piano accompaniment, and… Continue reading What the Lord Has Done in Me
- Me! – Taylor Swift coverMe! – by Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie – performed by two violins, piano, acoustic guitar, cajon, and tamborine. All instruments performed by Ben Clapton. ME! was written by Taylor Swift and Bendon Urie (From Panic! at the Disco), released on April 26, 2019. This arrangement is for two violins, one taking Taylor’s part, and… Continue reading Me! – Taylor Swift cover
- Rattlin’ BogI saw this song being sung by an Irish lass at the end of a wedding, and I thought to myself “I have to learn that song.” Watch to the end for some extra cuteness. I have also arranged it for SATB. This is a fun little piece with a humorous twist at the end… Continue reading Rattlin’ Bog